Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Day Darling was brought Down...

29th July 08:
Due to my gestational diabetes, Isabelle had to be placed in the High-Dependency ward to monitor her blood sugar immediately after she was born. And so, I was not able to see her after the surgery was completed. However, Alvin was able to see her frequently and bring all my visitors to see her as well. Basically, EVERYONE got to see her, except for her poor-thing, half-dead mummy (who was still recovering from the epidural and surgery). Fortunately, my thoughtful and loving hubby took a picture of her and showed it to me. What more can I ask for...

According to the nurse, if the results of her prick test were normal, she should be able to be transferred to the normal nursey ward the next day. However, in the late afternoon when Alvin went up to the HD ward to visit her (HD ward is 1 level above my ward), the nurse said that so far her Prick Test results were good and if all goes well, she would be brought down to the normal nursery ward (same level as my room).

In the evening, the nurse wheeled Isabelle into the room for us to feed her. Darling has been "discharged" from the HD ward and brought down to the normal ward. HOORAY! She was now only a few doors away from her mummy. Also, we could "steal" her from the nursery and keep her in my room for as long as we wanted and even overnight. But we decided to return her to the nursery at night so that I would be able to sleep and rest well. (Hehe... so lazy this mummy...)

Of course I did not get to do the 1st feed. (Still lying wasted in bed). Alvin got the honour of feeding her. Likewise, I could not carry her, but she was put into my arms. It was an experience that was out of this world.

Our 1st Family Photo

No comments: