Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mummy's Final Thoughts on Pregnancy

Throughout the entire pregnancy, I have learnt to do and take things slowly. Actually, I had to learn it the hard way. Being a typical non-pregnant Singaporean female, I am so used to rushing everywhere, taking short and irregular meal breaks and basically, relax less, work more. The moment I got pregnant, everything changed. I could not do things fast. I had to eat slowly and regularly and monitor my type of food intake. Also, I was no longer capable of walking fast, for I will get acute pain around my pelvic area. I basically had to move and do things in slow-motion!

Now I understand why most pregnant women move slower. It’s not by choice. It’s a must.

***************************************
Even though having a child in Singapore is a very expensive issue to face, but it is all worth it. For almost 3 years, I debated on whether to have a child. Of course, the main concern being the finances. It is REALLY expensive to have children - The gynae consultations, the hospital bills, the baby necessities, getting a maid or day-care, providing for them, their future education funds, etc etc. But many parents tell me, "Kids are a bundle of joy, and when you have your own, you will know that it is not the money that matters." Now, I truly understand...

Gynae Consultation (~ 10 visits) :
$800 ($80 per visit)
Ultrasound Scanning of Baby (~ 10 scans) :
$800 ($80 per scan)
Antenatal Screenings (2 times) :
$130
SGH C-section delivery + Hospital Stay :
$7000

Seeing the baby for the FIRST time :
PRICELESS!

No comments: