Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mummy's FIRST Feed...

30th July 08:
I was finally able to get off the bed and could sit on the armchair. Still PAINFUL, but I survived. The gynae came to check my condition and wound and gave instructions for my wound dressing to be changed to the water-proof type. She then said that I can take showers after the dressing was changed. To which I replied, "It's ok, I don't intend to shower during the confinement month." Boy, was she taken aback...

The removal of the bandages and dressing was SOOOOO PAINFUL that it sent my BP plummeting. I was given a jab of morphine and sent back to bed. Completely wasted again. When I woke up, the pain was gone and I felt alive again. The physiotherapist came and things got better as she taught me how to get off the bed, how to walk, how to sit down and how to cough! It was then that I realised that almost every everyday movement required the use of the abdominal muscles, which I have so taken for granted.

Anyway, I did get to feed Isabelle for the first time before crashing out in pain...

"Papaya" Mummy feeding her Darling with Style...

Daddy Burping his girl

Daddy continued the feeding

No comments: