Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Isabelle Came HOME!!!

2nd Aug 08:
Alvin went to the hospital to deliver her breakfast (my Expressed Breast milk) and also to check on her blood test result. I, on the other hand, could only sit at home and wait impatiently for the news. Can she come home today or not??? I was going crazy just thinking about it...

FINALLY! Phonecall came in. Alvin told me that the blood test results were still not ideal, but at least the readings have dropped below the limit, which was good news. She could be discharged but will have to go back for another blood test on 7th August.

While waiting for the doctor to prepare her discharge summary and the nurses to do the discharge paperwork, Alvin had to attend a compulsory session about "Bringing your baby home". The nurse briefed several parents (including Alvin) on what to look out for, when to be alarmed, etc.

Just before I almost turned into a giraffe (neck was getting very long due to all the waiting), the baby came home! YEAH!!!! MY baby was finally HOME, where she belongs.

While she slept soundly in her bed, I sat beside her, just looking at her. Such bliss.

It has now finally sink in - I am a Mummy.

No comments: