Friday, August 8, 2008

Mummy's FIRST Trimester

Immediately after I found out that I was pregnant, I made an appointment to see my gynae the very next day. Unfortunately, during consultation, she did a scan and said it was too early to see anything and told me I had to wait longer before she could confirm anything. But if the pregnancy test kit indicated that I was pregnant, that meant that I was.

Prior to doing the pregnancy test, I had already suspected that I was pregnant. I felt that I started having a keen sense of smell and I had a sudden craving for Char Kway Teow one night (I Don't eat Char Kway Teow, nor enjoy the taste of it) while watching Criminal Minds (it's a show about serial killers with really bloody and gory scenes). Weird huh...

17th Dec 07: I went back to see the gynae again and did another ultrasound. Hooray! We could see the sac forming inside. But the results were still inconclusive. But, it was a relief to see the sac as there were bleedings over the weekend and I was in KL!!!

28th Dec 07: Another consultation with the gynae. I was apparently 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. From the ultrasound, we could hear the baby's heartbeat! But, that was also the start of my torturous 1st trimester...

EDD - 14th August 2008

Documented Torturous First Trimester
It was the "eat anything and throw up anything" month. I had morning sickness the WHOLE day, EVERY day for almost an entire month! Packaged together with a really bad gastric, I perpetually "died" on the sofa everyday. Fortunately, I did not have an 8-to-6 job, as I really would have no idea how to get to work everyday.

I was living off gastric pills the whole month and Alvin had to buy food for me almost every day, as I laid wasted on the sofa. Then through a chain of events, I realised... My baby is a REALLY FUSSY eater! I cannot repeat my food for a few days. Meaning, if I eat yong tau foo today, I cannot eat it again for the next meal or next day, else I would vomit everything out. I tested the hypothesis a few times, trying with different food. The moment I repeat the same type of food, I throw up. And, she likes spicy food, even though I personally don't take much spice. (She's gonna end up being a fiesty child!) Then, with Chinese New Year around the corner, the baby refused to let me eat my favourite food - Ba Kwa! Too oily for her! (She's too weight conscious!) What a naughty baby!!!!

The only keeping me going / looking forward to... Were the cravings that would kick in later on.


30th Jan 08: Nuchal Translucency Test @ SGH - checking for Down Syndrome. Everything was fine and the sac had already developed into a foetus.


HOORAY!!! END OF 1ST TRIMESTER!!! I SURVIVED!!!
Waiting for the CRAVINGS to KICK IN...

No comments: