Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mission IMPOSSIBLE!

26th Aug 08: Continuation of the Collection of Urine...

As the collected pee has to reach the laboratory within 2 hours, we had to wait till the next day to collect Darling's pee...

9am: I heard my Mother-in-Law "Shhh"-ing Isabelle in the toilet. Immediately, I dropped whatever I was doing and rushed into the toilet with the urine sample cup in my hand. I waited and waited and waited. There was no pee. Apparently, Isabelle has already peed in her nappy before feeding and my MIL was just making sure that she's cleared her bladder before making her sleep...

As the nurse in the clinic said that it would take about 45 mins for the milk to be converted into urine, we waitied for her next pee. Unfortunately, I was caught up with blogging and missed track of time. So, by the time I heard her make noise, her nappy was already wet. Now, we had to wait for the next round...

Sadly, we kept missing her pee. We were always one step behind... It was becoming impossible to collect her urine sample. And we were all feeling frustrated with an almost unaccomplishable task...

12pm: We fed her and tried to "wee" her. 4 adults standing in the toilet waiting for her pee... Nothing. So we estimated that her next pee timing would be around 1245pm.

12:45pm: Nappy was already wet... Sigh.... We are never going to be able to collect her pee...

In desperation, we stripped her butt-naked and my MIL carried her while she slept. And I sat beside her with the collection cup in my hand.

1:10pm: Still nothing. We decided to "wee" her in the toilet. 2 adults whistling in the toilet till the lips were dry. Nothing happened...

1:30pm: We tried to "wee" her in the toilet. Still nothing. Sigh.... This is really getting nowhere...

1:45pm: Attempted to "wee" her in the toilet again. No points for guessing that it was another failed attempt...

2pm: We tried again... Still nothing...... This is getting ridiculous.... Seems like she's never going to pee...

2:15pm: 2 crazy adults standing in the toilet to "wee" her... 1 was standing outside giving "moral" support. Alamak... She pooped instead of pee. I was cleaning her poop when suddenly, it HAPPENED! The golden shower came! I immediately picked up the collection cup and collected the pee!!! PHEW! I almost missed it because I was cleaning her poop. All of us cheered. I have never seen adults so happy to see a baby pee...

With her golden shower nicely collected, I headed to SGH to submit it... Hooray...

Mission Impossible: POSSIBLE!

No comments: